Remove Threshold profile from all devices

Options
ian
ian Member Posts: 4
edited December 2023 in Automations

Hi There,

Aside from deleting the Threshold profile entirely, is there a way of removing a threshold profile that has been applied to many individual agents?

Comments

• pmitpaul
    pmitpaul Member Posts: 13
    Options

I think deleting it will probably be the easiest way.

If you wanted to save it, you can open it and do a 'save as' first so that you will still have it after it deletes.

• tanderson
    tanderson Member Posts: 198 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@ian Yes, you can go to that individual agent and remove it from that agent. It's to the right of your computer metrics:

• sarah+success
    sarah+success Administrator Posts: 70 admin
    Options

Hey @ian , Sarah from Atera here.

I'm just curious, why are you looking to delete the threshold? You can always go back and edit if you want to change the thresholds themselves, so interested to see your angle here!

• [Deleted User]
    Options

@Sarah_from_Atera there are many circumstances where editing a threshold does not work for example, I will give you the ticket references - they were never fixed by Atera 😫

1. #35357 – part A)  if I create a threshold item that makes some alerts and then delete the threshold item that triggered the alerts from the profile - the associated existing alerts do not go away

2. #35357- Part B) if I add a fix script to an existing threshold item that has already triggered an alert - it doesn't bother to check back and run the script either annoyingly. For example I create a threshold to check whether the windows time service is running and it generates an alert and I then go back and add a script to that threshold item to start the windows time service – it never runs the script!   Surely it should next time it checks to see if the windows time service is running  go on and run the fix script!

3. #254218 Also even when Atera does run a remediation script it doesn't record this anywhere !! - the usual response given "Log a feature request" <sigh>

11 months on, none of these issues have been fixed.

• sarah+success
    sarah+success Administrator Posts: 70 admin
    Options

Hi @nathan, thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the delay.

I am going to forward these to Yasmin, and will get back to you with an update. We appreciate you detailing these, and will research this ASAP.

• yasminproduct16
    yasminproduct16 Internal Posts: 16
    Options

Hey Natan, hope all is well.

Thanks for the feedback.

We don't edit past alerts as they were triggered in the past. Removing a threshold item will stop creating more alerts and you can delete or resolve any existing alerts you are no longer interested in. Deleting the alerts can cause issues for other customers who still want to see them :)
    Regarding the auto-healing script- once added, it should run on the next generated alert. I agree that we need to add feedback for the script execution- do you think it would help to see it under the recent processes report post-execution?

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Hi Yasmin, thanks for the reply.

1) The problem is if you create a bad threshold that could generate several hundred alerts and there is no easy Way of filtering the alerts to bulk remove all of these. It takes ages to scroll through the list identifying which ones to delete.

2). My experience was that once the alert had been raised before you added the healing script, it did not go back and run the script, I expected it to run the next time it checked to see if that threshold still applied, in my particular case I was testing for whether the windows time service was stopped

It triggered a lot of alerts, so I created and added a healing script to start the service, but it never seemed to run (hard to tell with the lack of logging). If I deleted the existing alerts, it seemed to work properly when the fresh alert was created.

This needs verification, but I believe this was the case.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

@Yasmin from Atera

sorry part 3 of my reply disappeared:-

>"Regarding the auto-healing script- once added, it should run on the next generated alert. I agree that we need to add feedback for the script execution- do you think it would help to see it under the recent processes report post-execution?"

yes please! but with a category added to it like "Threshold script" so we can easily filter them.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

@Yasmin from Atera Is there any update on my comments above please ?
    Will we say any of this fixed anytime soon please ? I know it is not as sexy as AI, but it is really important to us that the existing features work well.

• yasminproduct16
    yasminproduct16 Internal Posts: 16
    Options

Hi Nathan- for #1 how would you filter to look for the specific alerts?

For #2- I think it's worth opening a ticket with support so they can look into it.

For 3- looks like this is a little more complicated than just adding the feedback so we'll need to prioritize as part of our plans for next year.