Custom reports

Options
brendan.richman
brendan.richman Member Posts: 15
edited October 2023 in Reporting

I regularly use the Agent Health and Auditor reports - both are incredibly useful.

I want to start collecting memory and CPU averages over a period of time without delving into each Agent. The Agent Health report is able to give me this, however it's incredibly messy once you get past a couple of Agents (I have 174 for one customer).

I want to be able to view:

1. Average memory usage for last 24 hours
  2. Average memory usage for last week
  3. Average memory usage for last month
  4. Average CPU usage for last 24 hours
  5. Average CPU usage for last week
  6. Average CPU usage for last month

As columns on the Auditor report would be great, or somewhere clear on the Agent Health report as a list, ie:

As it is, this isn't particularly helpful:

I did even create a new email address and started another trial, so see if this could be done with a custom reports, but even in a trial custom reports are locked away and aren't available unless you cough up and subscribe. Support was unable to assist me with this.

I implore and beg you to please implement this - it is not only helpful for both your customer and ours, but will lead to much better financial decisions, and hopefully more money in everyone's pockets! :)

Tagged:

Comments

• nina
    nina Administrator Posts: 428 admin
    Options

Hi @brendan.richman ! Nina from Atera here. We are looking into this as we speak. Keep you posted!

• brendan.richman
    Options

Sounds promising, hope we can figure something out quickly! Thanks ever so much :)

• brendan.richman
    Options

How is this coming along? Looking forward to seeing it!

• nina
    Options

Hi @brendan.richman - Our advanced reporting does not currently have this capability, and it requires additional development not planned for next quarter. Wish I had some better news. In the interim, please be sure to add it on to the Features Board here.

• brendan.richman
    Options

Disappointing. I already raised it on the Features Board but I don't really feel like it gets enough traffic to make it worthwhile. These figures aren't even in the API so I can't even make my own reports :(

Maybe time to find another platform...

(also it's a bit unfair locking some reports behind a paywall)

• nina
    Options

I understand your concern, and we too would like to add to the reporting as much as possible. We hope to get to it soon!

• sam.james+atera
    sam.james+atera Member Posts: 1
    Options

Just logged in to see if this could be done. The data is there and its a shame we cannot utilise it to quickly highlight devices that require attention/upgrades/replacements

• mjones
    mjones Member Posts: 135 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Any updates on this?

I want to be able to see the average memory and CPU usage across all of my supported devices, and a report seems like the best way.

Seems like a quick fix to be able to access the "Memory Average" and "CPU Average" from the advanced reports. Hoping this is on the road map.