Automation profile Bulk removal

Options
alexmendez
alexmendez Member Posts: 6
edited December 2023 in Patch Management

Is there a way to remove the automation profile from multiple devices at once? I am trying to evenly distribute devices into 3 different automation profiles, but there are hundred of devices and clicking onto each one individually isn't efficient to say the least.

Comments

• tanderson
    tanderson Member Posts: 198 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@alexmendez If you applied them at a customer or folder level than you can remove it from there. If you applied, it individually then there is no way I am aware of.

• alexmendez
    Options

Thanks, is there a way to filter devices based on what automation profile they belong to? As well as those devices which don't belong to one either? @tanderson

• tanderson
    tanderson Member Posts: 198 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@alexmendez I believe the only way to do this is to go to the automation profile and look at what it is applied to. I do not believe there is any way to sort by automation profile in the device page of Atera, but that would be a great feature.

• alexmendez
    edited October 2023
    Options

Thanks a lot @tanderson - I'll try to sort it out as best I can!

• kim
    kim Member Posts: 113 ✭✭✭
    Options

You might be able to do an advanced report to see, but I’m not 100% sure.

• alexmendez
    Options

@kim That would be nice to see, but without a way to actually edit the devices in bulk on a filtered view it doesn't mean anything unfortunately

• nina
    nina Administrator Posts: 428 admin
    Options

Hi @alexmendez - did you manage to get this working? Please lmk!

• alexmendez
    Options

Thanks for checking in @nina - Unfortunately because there is no way currently to sort by automation profile I am stuck removing each profile from each device one by one if I want to add them to automation profiles in bulk by selecting all in view (Since adding a device to an automation profile that already has one assigned to it just adds the second one without removing the original profile) Thanks for all the help and insights!

• nina
    nina Administrator Posts: 428 admin
    Options

Okay, if you run into any other technical issues, please feel free to reach out to our 24/7 Support Team at support@atera.com.

• frank.pietersma
    frank.pietersma Member Posts: 78 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hey @alexmendez, Actually I had the same issue. Lots of automation profiles applied to individual machines from the time I just started working with Atera and it would took me hours to check them all and remove the profiles.
    Later on I divided workstations, servers and network devices in separate folders and applied policies on the folders. Way more efficient and easier to maintain.
    To remove all the individual assignments I simply deleted the profiles in question. Not the most elegant way to solve the issue but hey…. It took me a couple of minutes and the problem was solved. 😀

• alexmendez
    Options

Thanks for this suggestion @frank.pietersma That actually does make sense and its not too bad if planned during downtime hours, thanks again!