Unreliable SNMP monitoring in Atera lately?
Lately I noticed there are lots of false positives in SNMP monitoring.
Several QNAP NAS devices reported diskspace beyond threshold (disk almost full). But when I checked there is no issue.
NAS devices reporting upgrade available (value=1) but no alert in Atera
Fortigate firewalls reporting unable to monitor cpu usage but there is no issue.
This happens on multiple devices at multiple clients so it hardly can be a coincidence.
I'm starting to worry SNMP monitoring is not that stable as it should be.
Obviously I will open a support case. Just wondering if anyone else is noticing false positives or no alerts where there should be one. I will share the screenshots of one particular NAS device.
1) All available alerts in Atera for the NAS device:
2) The actual available disk space.
3) The device is reporting a upgrade is available but no alert in Atera.
SNMP is reporting the right value but no alert:
- All Topics
- 18 Getting started
- 12 Read before posting
- 6 Meet and greet
- 112 General
- 37 News and announcements
- 29 Resources
- 5 Knowledge Base
- 5 Webinars
- Shared Script Library
- 3 Pro Tips
- 16 Got an idea?
- 66 Remote Monitoring and Management
- 54 Remote Monitoring
- 12 Patch Management
- 50 Professional Services Automation
- 30 Helpdesk
- 7 Billing
- 13 Reporting
- 15 Integrations & add-ons
- 10 Integrations
- 4 Add-ons
- 45 Scripting and automations
- 34 Scripts
- 10 Automations