Linux users?

nina
nina Administrator Posts: 428 admin
edited November 2023 in Patch Management

Patch Management For Linux

Atera utilizes the APT (Advanced Package Tool) for Linux agents to retrieve and install OS updates on Linux devices. Presently, our Linux patch management tool supports Ubuntu 18 and Debian 11 (and above) distributions. APT comes pre-installed on Debian and Ubuntu distributions and Atera is compatible with all APT versions. You can ascertain the installed version of APT on your devices using the following command:

apt-show-versions

Manual Patch Installation

For manual patch installation on Linux devices, Atera presents a list of available patches, enabling technicians to select the desired updates. Detailed instructions for installing Linux updates on your devices can be found in our articles.

Comments

• nina
    nina Administrator Posts: 428 admin

Where my Linux users at?! Is this helpful?

• mbudke
    mbudke Member Posts: 123 ✭✭✭

Sorry, I am not using Atera on Linux.

• mikel.chamblee
    mikel.chamblee Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited September 5

I know this is an old comment line, but we definitely use Linux and look forward to any integration with Atera.

• mikel.chamblee
  • gilgi
    gilgi Administrator, Moderator, Internal Posts: 248 admin

Hey @mikel.chamblee , I've replaced Nina :)
    There are Linux updates released constantly, are you looking for anything specific?
    If it's an integration (app) I can check with our app center team, and if it's a feature I can ask our product managers :)

• mikel.chamblee

Hi @gilgi , Thanks for the reply. We want to use Atera on our Ubuntu machines to monitor that machine and the offices they support. Basically, we are looking for Atera to work with Linux just like it does Windows.

Thanks,

Mikel

• gilgi
    gilgi Administrator, Moderator, Internal Posts: 248 admin

Happy to,

If you don't mind, have you installed the Linux agent already and had problems with it?
    https://support.atera.com/hc/en-us/articles/6266534935580-Get-to-know-the-Linux-Agent

If so, are there specific areas that you already saw gaps in?