Adobe Reader Install

Options
derek
derek Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
edited December 2023 in Scripts

Does anyone have a working powershell script to download and install adobe reader, I had one that has worked for months but it no longer works.

Comments

• mjones
    mjones Member Posts: 138 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Why not just use the Chocolatey install ?

• mjones
    Options

Thanks for the write up, this was what I was suggesting.

Why reinvent the wheel if it's so easy to push from the console.

• derek
    Options

Does Chocolatey have to be installed on the target machine in order for this to work ?

• mjones
    Options

Nope, not sure exactly how it works though. I think it uses the equivalent of a "portable" copy of Chocolatey.

• nina
    nina Administrator Posts: 428 admin
    Options

Hi @derek - did you manage? What did you end up doing?

• derek
    Options

i ended up usinf Chocolatey.

• nina
    nina Administrator Posts: 428 admin
    Options

Hi @derek - glad to hear it worked out!

• STMLTD
    STMLTD Member Posts: 3
    Options

Is there a way to get the most recent addition, it looks like the choclately release is quite old.

• dragos.t
    dragos.t Moderator Posts: 16 mod
    Options

Hello @STMLTD

The version of Adobe Reader available in our Software installation module is based on the latest approved version in Chocolatey. The latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader was added to Chocolately on the 1st of April. It passed the automated virus scanning, but the human verification process is still ongoing. From our end, we cannot provide a timeline for when this process will end.

You can wait for the new version to be added to the approved software list, and using an IT Automation profile, the application will be updated automatically on your devices that have the profile assigned.
    https://support.atera.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015462840-Automate-software-patching-via-chocolatey-and-homebrew

Unfortunately, there are not many workarounds. You could attempt to install the Adobe Customization Wizard to generate an installer for the latest version and use a script to install the software application.