Windows 11 compatible Report

Options
jim
jim Member Posts: 7
edited December 2023 in Automations

I did some searching here and didn't find find any other posts on the subject. So, I want to use Atera to gather a report to give to our clients to show them which computers are able to be upgraded to Windows 11. We have about 2 years left at the time of this post. I don't want to wait until the last minute, so I want to start pushing the subject this fall. We have a few hundred left to upgrade. At this point, I went in and created a new automation profile and attached the windows 11 readiness script to that profile. I go in and change the customer and then run the script and collect the output. This is kind of a pain. Anyone have a better solution. Hint, Hint Atera, this would be a nice feature.

Tagged:

Comments

• sarah+success
    sarah+success Administrator Posts: 70 admin
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hey @jim , Sarah from Atera here.

You should also be able to use the Auditor report to check which devices are compatible.

If you are on the Power plan, you can also explore the options in building a custom report in the Advanced Reports. If you check the Windows 11 requirements, you can filter based on what meets the requirements. You can also check the Hardware Inventory report.

Let us know what you find!

• gdarino
    gdarino Member Posts: 4
    Options

I took a tiered approach to this issue with the goal of identifying the most impacted systems first.

Anything older than an 8th Gen Intel is out of the running for Windows 11 so there was no need to run any scripts or look at other parameters. I identified those pretty easily. You can use a report, script, or even ScreenConnect filters.

I ran the windows readiness script on all 8th gen but used this opportunity to highlight the need to upgrade these machines to newer models.

I was left with 9th gen or newer. For this I simply used a custom report to ensure they met the specs.

This worked well for me because we have very few non intel systems. Your milage may vey.