Why do IT like it's 1995?!?!

Options
nina
nina Administrator Posts: 428 admin
edited November 2023 in General

Hi Community!

Share a picture of your most retro devices that you still own in the comments below! It could be a vintage computer, a classic gaming console, or a nostalgic piece of tech. Show us your treasures and let's celebrate the evolution of IT together! 🚀

And if you share our ad on social media (LinkedIn, X, Facebook, Instagram), and tag Atera, you will be awarded our newest "Sharing is caring" badge, worth 25 points!

Click ➡️ here ⬅️ to request the "Sharing is caring" badge!

1. When you request the badge, please be sure to include the URL from social media
  2. Click "Send Request"

Now let's see some of your old techie stuff! Share below ♥️

Comments

• nina
    Options

I'll go first. Not 100% sure this counts as "tech"… but was obsessed with my tamagotchi. What's your fave from the 90s?!

• tanderson
    tanderson Member Posts: 198 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@nina I remember having one of those! It counts as "Retro Tech," for sure! Unfortunately, I think all my "Retro Tech" is gone. I might have an old Xbox somewhere; I will have to look.

• nina
    Options

Ah I liked my Xbox, but I loved my Sega Genesis! #sonic

• rmiller
    rmiller Member Posts: 13 ✭✭✭
    Options

I have a game room in my home, which contains a whole host of vintage gadgets (I am still a kid at heart and lost in the 80s). As a big fan of Stranger Things, I had to get my hands on one of the walkie talkies that the kids use in the show as a prop. Not being satisfied with just having it, I challenged myself to learn Arduino programming and modified it to play quotes and sounds from the show when you press the buttons. It's retro tech, meets new. It serves as quite the conversation piece when I have people over. Here it is, along with an under the hood look of the modifications.

• adip
    adip Administrator Posts: 56 admin
    Options