July 11th: AMA (Ask Me Anything) with Atera's CPO Tal Dagan

Options
nina
nina Administrator Posts: 428 admin
edited July 2023 in News and announcements

Hi Atera community -

Get ready for the upcoming AMA (Ask Me Anything) with Atera's CPO Tal Dagan, taking place on Tuesday, July 11th at 12 PM EST.

You can start posting your questions for Tal below! ⬇️

Best,

Nina and the Atera crew

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options

Will you please commit to publishing a known issues list (obviously only available to paying customers) to save everyone time and effort of reporting things that you already know about.

And if so, could you please also provide a method by which we can subscribe to each issue to be notified when it is resolved? - that way you can also see how many people are affected by that issue easily.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

@tanderson asked here

I get the general feeling from your company that you are reluctant do it, for fear of getting slated for not releasing something at the advertised time.

But to that I say, why can't you just label it clearly with "these are provisional target dates and subject to change" and no-one will mind, it is better to say something than nothing at all. 

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Following on from the above question, please will you commit more resources to responding to the ideas on the ideas board - There is very little ever written on there by the team - some have actually been delivered but not closed, some are duplicated, and most just have no comment at all from the team.

Please help us to feel like our feedback is being listened to.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Please can you give us some indication of when you plan to fix the fixed windows size issues with the registry editor and file transfer tools, at the moment they are almost impossible to use in the current state.

• tanderson
    tanderson Member Posts: 198 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@nathan Can you upload a screenshot? My file transfer and registry editor seem fine. Send it in a private message so we don't fill this post with troubleshooting.

• dagant+2020
    dagant+2020 Internal Posts: 6
    Options

Hi Nathan - how are you?
    To your question: You are right regarding the commitment on the roadmap.
    Atera is an agile company. Since we live in a world where we can't have all the resources we want, we need to prioritize our roadmap. Problem is that our domain is ever changing, for example who would have thought a year ago that we'll have openAI as an available tool?

When we publish a roadmap - many people can accept the ever changing of the roadmap, however for many others it's very hard

Having said that - we are thinking on the best solution for this. I'll be sure to update you here on the outcome of this discussion

• dagant+2020
    Options

We are working on standardizing the sizes of the windows along with adding expand capabilities.
    You will probably start seeing it this quarter for certain windows and we will continue to add it for the rest, in the following quarters. I can't say now which will be the first and which will be last. This involves some technical considerations we haven't figured out yet

• dagant+2020
    Options

Along the past two years we have implemented many ideas and requests that sprung up in our uservoice system.
    Among those features you can find:
    Windows 11 upgrade
    Patch approval process
    Hiding excluded patches from the device menu
    Prompting users for restart approval after patching
    Linux agent
    Customizable reports
    Hardware inventory report
    Eset integration
    And more

Many times this was updated on uservoice, which automatically sends a note to all voters and commenters of this idea

I recognize the fact that we do not do it consistently enough, and promise to put more emphasis on this important communication channel

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Thanks Tal for all your answers.

• dagant+2020
    Options

Thank you all for joining.
    If you have further questions, you're welcomed to open a post in the community
    We will try to answer as soon as we can

Tal

• nina
    Options

Hi @dagant+2020 - Thank you for your time and expertise! We will be sure to let the community know that they can keep on posting questions! 🙏

• [Deleted User]
    Options

@nina, I did ask one more question yesterday about AI, but it seems to have got stuck in a moderation queue somewhere.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Taken from a discussion on here about "what would you like to see Atera and chatGPT do next?", what do you think of this idea Tal?

integrate chatGPT in to your search & reporting facility, -

so we can search in natural language

"list all machines not on a supported version of windows"

"list all machines not meeting the requirements for windows 11"

"list all machines not used in the last 90 days"

"who were the last 5 users of machine X?"

"What is the most common alert and it's average duration ?"

"Which machines do not have bitlocker encryption on them?"

"How many times has fred asked for a password reset ?"

This would be amazing if you did it!

• [Deleted User]
    Options

@dagant+2020 wrote regarding the features board
    "I recognize the fact that we do not do it consistently enough, and promise to put more emphasis on this important communication channel"

Well it still isn't happening, here are some examples of things you have actually implemented that have not been updated.

https://atera.uservoice.com/forums/936306-ideas-and-feedback/suggestions/44019978-password-protect-the-atera-agent-from-end-user-uni

https://atera.uservoice.com/forums/936306-ideas-and-feedback/suggestions/45548695-battery-health-report - partially implemented through threshold profile scripts now

https://atera.uservoice.com/forums/936306-ideas-and-feedback/suggestions/46243297--restart-pending-visible

to name just a few, please Tal can you allocate some resourcing to keeping the FR site up to date.

• tanderson
    tanderson Member Posts: 198 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@nathan @dagant+2020 @nina Or please create a community moderator program, so people that are vetted and very active in the community can do it for Atera for free (or maybe a slight discount on their subscription) with no extra manpower needed from atera. Almost every community page on the internet has mods and it makes a huge difference.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

a good suggestion - I did offer my services to help with this a few years back, but it still needs involvement & interaction from the Atera team to actually comment on the feasibility of the ideas.

• nina
    Options

Thank you for the suggestion @tanderson and @nathan ! We will look into all our options!