Spying on users

heimir
heimir Member Posts: 29

I have a potential client for Atera but they need the ability to spy on their users.
What I mean is that they want to access their computer while in use without the user knowing. With Splashtop is tells the user when someone connects so thats not working.

So im looking for a solution that would let a manager spy on the user by connecting but not let the user now and/or a solution that will create screen shots or videos at regular intervals.

Any suggestions.

Comments

• mbudke
    mbudke Member Posts: 123 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I am just wondering what the "idea" is behind that? I think in many european countries this would be in conflict with GDPR.

• gilgi
    gilgi Administrator, Moderator, Internal Posts: 248 admin

Atera is not designed for user activity tracking. While RMMs in general can provide some of the information that companies might look at, it has no functionality, reporting or dashboard.

There are specific products for that, but I don't have any experience with them.
    Regardless, if you're referring them to Atera, you may as well get something from it as well - check out the referral program and let me know what you thought of the process.
    https://support.atera.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013351560--Refer-a-Friend-Program

• heimir
    heimir Member Posts: 29

Its not a European country/company.

They want to be able to do that to check on their users.

Mostly are remote users.