🗺️Navigating through the seas of development - Atera Product Roadmap is live!

gilgi
gilgi Administrator, Moderator, Internal Posts: 150 admin
edited July 7 in News and announcements

You've asked for this, and our product and development teams have been inspired by your interest in Atera's priorities and plans. We believe in transparency and commitment to our community.
Without further ado, we're thrilled to introduce our brand-new product roadmap board!

The roadmap will be updated monthly, while new items will be inserted quarterly. 
Make sure you scroll down to see all items in each column, and click on a tab to read the full description.

Thanks for your continued interest and commitment to Atera, we look forward to sharing more about our processes with you.

https://www.atera.com/roadmap/

Tagged:

Comments

• mbudke
    mbudke Member Posts: 117 ✭✭✭

Hi @gilgi ,

I really like the new roadmap page.
    Maybe one idea as improvement. Would it be possible to split "Released" into 2 categories like:

• Released
    • Recently released

The "Released" tab currently shows all changes in an unordered way therefore it is difficult to identify what has just been released. And the list gets longer and longer.
    Having the split will mean that it is immediately visible to see what has just been released and you can just move some out once you add more tickets.

Matthias

• gilgi

I see your point, that makes sense Matthias, I'm rolling this to the product ops lead for her to consider.
    Would you think that 'recent' is relevant for a month? quarter?

others welcome to pitch in thoughts as well btw!

• mbudke

Maybe this can fit to your ReleaseNotes page:
    https://support.atera.com/hc/en-us/articles/12094965643164-Release-Notes-2024

Recent = last months release

• iectechbrian
    iectechbrian Member Posts: 147 ✭✭✭✭

Is there any word on MDM capabilities? This option would help smooth some other problems over with my administration, and make life easier for sure!

• gilgi

@mbudke
    I have a mixed bag of answers:
    1 Product team agreed and liked the idea, but unfortunately the platform they are using is limited. It's the same one we are using for the feature request portal, so migrating is a bit of a problem.
    2 they will experiment a bit with adding more time specific indications (quarterly, monthly - TBD). In the title or body.
    3 I will be posting more granular updates about some of the features when the product team want to showcase features a bit more (and not overkill with the in-app notifications, we know that when you need to work, learning about a new feature is the last of your concerns).

• gilgi

the word is 'not yet', I would be the happiest to announce it, we are well aware that this is a very popular request but it'll take longer to get there.

• iectechbrian
    iectechbrian Member Posts: 147 ✭✭✭✭
  • gilgi

Update!

We set up our roadmap board using an external service, but it didn't meet our expectations.
    As a result, we've decided to build our own page for this, and the new board is now available at https://www.atera.com/roadmap/.

I'm editing the original announcement with this link. Thank you for your feedback about the original board!

• mbudke

Looks very nice!

• gilgi
    edited September 3

Update -
    The Q3 items have all been updated in the Roadmap, have a look at the 'Planned' section

If you have any questions about it, lmk here and I'll try to gather additional info :)

Edit - and also to 'coming soon' :)