Tickets automatically created from alerts - default ticket type

graham.byars
graham.byars Member Posts: 3

Hi,

I'm new to Atera, so am just getting up to speed.

What I notice is that Tickets automatically created from Alerts seem to assign ticket type as Problem.

Is there a way to define this, I'd like to change it to Incident?

I have looked in the instructions for Admin > Monitoring and Automation > Alert Settings.
I can't see any way to assign a default ticket type to a ticket automatically created from an alert.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Graham

Comments

• mjones
    mjones Member Posts: 172 ✭✭✭✭

You can do this with the API, not with the GUI afaik.

https://app.atera.com/apidocs#!/Ticket/Ticket_Post

• graham.byars

Thank you mjones.

I appreciate the information.

For me, this seems wrong on Atera's part - an alert raising a ticket should be an incident (according to ITIL) not a problem.
    It is a single report of something not performing as expected.

It only becomes a problem if there are repeated incidents - and we perhaps merge several alert tickets into one Problem ticket requiring root cause analysis.

• dragos.t
    dragos.t Support Moderator Posts: 48 admin

Hello @graham.byars,

I hope you are doing well,

Your feedback about the classification of tickets created from Alerts has been forwarded to the relevant department. Thank you for bringing this up.

Currently, there is no built-in way to change the type of a ticket in our settings. However, there is a workaround, you could try to use ticket automation rules to change the type of a ticket created automatically from Alerts.
    For example, use the Condition, Source > Alerts, then the action Set field value>Ticket type>Incident or your desired type.

The trigger needs to be "New ticket created". For more details about Ticket automation rules, please visit:https://support.atera.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018434920-Ticket-automation-rules
    Please let us know if we can help you with anything else.

• graham.byars

Hi Dragos,

Thank you so much for this, being new to Atera I haven't used the ticket automation yet.
    But I will implement this as my first rule.

Thanks again