Receiving constant alert emails

Options
s.luchini
s.luchini Member Posts: 3

Hello, everyone I am new with the atera solution, maybe there is something I am doing wrong. I contacted technical support who currently has no solution for me so I'm trying my luck here just in case.

Currently I have thresholds that trigger Powershell scripts. I receive a threshold crossing alert email several times despite the alert not being resolved or the threshold falling below the value.

Support says this is normal because there is an automatic resolution of the alert.

Have you ever encountered this situation?
Do you have a suggestion to receive a single email until the alert is resolved?

Comments

• Sarah_from_Atera
    Sarah_from_Atera Administrator Posts: 91 admin
    Options

Hey @s.luchini , Sarah from Atera here.

Are you saying you get the alert email even when the Threshold isn't reached? Is there a self-healing script attached (the Powershell script you are mentioning)?

• iectechbrian
    iectechbrian Member Posts: 51 ✭✭✭
    Options

I too have run into the issue of many alert emails as we have been ramping up on Atera. I am toying with the thresholds now for things that aren't as critical. It is definitely a balancing act between things that are important and not getting overrun with alerts.

• s.luchini
    Options

No I don't have automatic resolution. I have a threshold that triggers a powershell script to look at the size of a file. as soon as the file exceeds a size the alert is triggered and I receive an email, except that from then on I receive the same email several times for no reason (well if atera support tells me that there is a automatic resolution on the atera side and we can't do anything about it hence my attempt here)

• Sarah_from_Atera
    Options

Hey @s.luchini , can you send me the ticket number so I can take a look/escalate? I will handle from there.

• s.luchini
    Options

hy here is my ticket 456457 thx

• Sarah_from_Atera
    Options