Scheduling tickets in Atera is not finished and there are no plans to fix it

Options
frank.pietersma
frank.pietersma Member Posts: 78 ✭✭✭

Scheduling tickets is a nice feature. Unfortunately you can not view them in scheduled order.
This is totally not understandable and has no logic. How can we have an overview of what is coming when you have manually check all the entries which are totally unsorted. That's crazy
Scheduled tickets shoud be in chronological order.

Months ago, On this forum, I mentioned this and Nina replied that I should have my eyes peeled because that was going to be fixed! I even answered that I thought that was great news (see attached screenshot which now looks silly).
Now looking back to that post it seems Nina's answer has been silently edited and now its not in the plans anymore. hahaha This behavior is crazy but more important the scheduling tickets feature now feels rushed and unfinished and makes it impossible to work with. And that's a pity for such a promising feature. Come on Atera!

Comments

• tanderson
    tanderson Member Posts: 198 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@frank.pietersma and the Atera team at large. Unfortunately for the platform, Atera has said "in the plan" a lot about many things. This is not great; it doesn't mean anything. Not all plans mean soon. Some plans mean ten years later type timelines. I am not trying to bring Atera down. I love you guys, but we need a timeline of features that you are working on.

The biggest issue by far with Atera is that we know you listen to us, and we greatly appreciate that, but we don't know what you're doing, so it doesn't feel like you're doing anything. LOL, welcome to the IT world, right? Especially now that you turned off the notifications when a new feature is released. You still get a red dot randomly on some tabs, which is a little weird, but how you used to do it was much better.

The entire Atera team, especially @nina (if she's still here! I Haven't heard from you in a while), and @sarah+success are doing a fantastic job building a loved and valued tool, so thank you! However, for the love of god, please give the community what we are all asking for—a rough roadmap of what is in development.

You already have this internally, tracking projects and holding meetings about development. Give your community a look at what's happening in the development process. A company that is enthusiastic about their product should want to show it off. Use a development road map to let your enthusiasts know what's coming.

Like all of us, I have crucial business decisions to make, and I don't want to find a solution that Atera may release next month or next quarter. Not every deadline needs to be made. We are all human and can only go so fast, but knowing what is in the pipeline is what many community members seek. It is a great selling point for new Atera clients. "Here is what we offer, and these features are on track to be released this year!" So please listen to us finally and solve this solution.

I suggest inviting the most active community members to a chat with the right team at Atera, and we brainstorm this solution together.

- Taylor

@frank.pietersma I hope this helps push this in the right direction!

• tanderson
    Options

Sorry, I meant this @Sarah_from_Atera , but I am sure the other is great, too!

• mbudke
    mbudke Member Posts: 85 ✭✭✭
    Options

You get my vote!
    I remember Atera is working Agile means that there is usually no long-standing-plan. But if we can have a chance to see what Development is working on at the moment or maybe next this would already help.
    Currently the first week of each month I am daily refreshing the releasenotes page to see if there is an update.

• frank.pietersma
    Options

Thanks for the support and positive input. Hopefully Atera picks up,

@Sarah_from_Atera ?

• frank.pietersma
    edited January 17
    Options

Hi @Adi Pick

Thanks. And good to know you're working on a roadmap. Any ETA when it will be released?

Regarding my feedback on the scheduled tickets? What is Atera going to do with that?
    I find it unbelievable that scheduled items are not in scheduled order, it even seems a simple fix which will make this nice feature something we actually can work with.

• tanderson
    Options

@Adi Pick Thank you very much for moving in this direction! We greatly appreciate you listening to the community.

• adip
    adip Administrator Posts: 56 admin
    Options

I don't want to make any promises we can't keep… Hopefully sometime in February, but not making any promises :)

Yesterday we took it again with our Dev and Product teams to prioritize the roadmap webpage, based on your feedback here^

• sarah+success
    sarah+success Administrator Posts: 70 admin
    Options

Hey all, Sarah from Atera here!

Wanted to update for those who have been curious - we expect a public roadmap for the year to be released by the end of this Quarter.

Keep in mind, this is the plan but things can change!