Deleting or resolving a lot of alerts is a painfully slow job

Options
frank.pietersma
frank.pietersma Member Posts: 78 ✭✭✭

We do al lot of event ID monitoring.
Software installs and uninstalls, failed login attempts, unexpected shutdowns, reboots of servers, Windows services, hardware errors, restart required, UPS notifications and so on.

These are all alerts which does not resolve themselves, These kinds of alerts needs to be resolved or deleted manually. When we leave them for a couple of days they can be easily grow to a couple of thousand alerts. To resolve them or delete them is clunky, cumbersome and takes a lot of time.
You first have to scroll all the way down, and down, and down. This goes painfully slow until you have em all in your view. Then you can select all of them to delete them. If the scrolling down takes too long the screen refreshes and you have to start over again.
Shouldn't there be a easier way to do this?

Comments

• tanderson
    tanderson Member Posts: 198 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@frank.pietersma Hopefully, that will get resolved. lol, no pun intended.

• mbudke
    mbudke Member Posts: 85 ✭✭✭
    Options

@frank.pietersma :
    I agree! I have tracked such events as "Info" which I would see to resolve themselve. Unfortunately currently this is not possible (by design).
    I have not tried it myself but it should be possible to delete many events via the API.

• rmiller
    rmiller Member Posts: 13 ✭✭✭
    Options

I am in the same boat here. I think if you head over to the features board, there are a few requests around this concept already posted there. Not sure if any or all fit the bill, but throw some votes on them to get some traction.

• frank.pietersma
    frank.pietersma Member Posts: 78 ✭✭✭
    edited January 17
    Options

Hi @rmiller to be frank, Ive lost my trust in the features board.

The board is the go to answer of support when something is not working.
    Many great ideas, many planned features, some for years, and that list is building.

• rmiller
    Options

@frank.pietersma I can see that, as there is a LOT on there. In my short time with Atera, I have seen a number of good enhancements added which have gotten a lot of votes. I guess it all comes down to use-case scenario and what works best for you. I am a firm believer in "it can't hurt to ask". No harm in throwing the request out there and seeing if others share your need. You at least have my vote…

• tanderson
    tanderson Member Posts: 198 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@frank.pietersma and @rmiller Both are good points, and I am leaning toward what Frank says. The features board with no moderation feels like a place where our input goes to die in some sense. I wish Atera would allow a community moderation system like other online forums. Also, I think the Feature Board and the Community page should be on the same site, just different tabs. You can have feature requests where people can vote and add more. Then, you can have the discussions on the Community page as a separate tab. The new roadmap site can just be another tab on the same community site.

I think consolidating and having tabs on one site and allowing moderation would help with visibility and consolidated duplicate/similar/related requests.

A big plus would be if Atera said these X number of features are on the roadmap for this quarter and allowed the community to have a separate vote on just those items that are most important to them. That way, the community can have more drive in what is truly important to the community.

• rmiller
    Options

@tanderson I'm all for consolidation, streamlining, and moderation. I think that it would be very impactful on both sides to enhance both the user experience and Atera's ability to manage what really is important to focus development time on.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options

I have raised all these points above so many times with Atera, it was thanks to my nagging that we actually got the features board. But despite numerous meetings with Atera it is clear that they have no intention of devoting any resource whatsoever to managing or engaging with the features request board.

And just when I thought I was finally getting somewhere with Atera on these points, they have introduced a new strategy to defeat me, which is - they change my account manager almost every couple of months now! - That way I have to waste my time going over everything again for the 7th time.

I am now on my 7th account manager who is the same account manager who I started with, who also unfortunately was not very good. I tried emailing Gil to complain, but never got a response. This is how little Atera seem to care about their customer base now.

Still we can all look forward to another of year of random unrequested and poorly tested changes like: The useless AI for SNMP oids which generates garbage incorrect OIDs (when what we all asked for and voted for was MIB support) , the revamped admin menu, forcing the colour scheme to hot pink, half finished new features and bugs …..

• Sarah_from_Atera
    Sarah_from_Atera Administrator Posts: 91 admin
    Options

Hey all, Sarah from Atera here!

Our RMM team is working on adding the option to select all alters, which will allow you to delete alerts more easily.

I have forwarded your feedback to the Product Manager, Yasmin, and we are keeping it all in mind. Please continue to add requests to the features board as well!

• rmiller
    Options

Fantastic, thank you!

• [Deleted User]
    Options

@Sarah_from_Atera No comment then on my points above regarding forever being assigned new account managers and the lack of interaction on the features board ?