MAC OS - Allowing Security / Accessibility Setting via Terminal

Options

Hi Beloved Atera Community

Recently I am struglling with Automation for onboarding our important key apps on all the devices.

During this I enountered on issue, where a certain app which is installed require access to "Accessibility" and "ScreenRecording".

Take example of Screenconnect

I am finding a way that we acheive all such permissions just by running a script through atera.

I have till now managed to get a script using curl command and install the application silently however application require access to "Accessibility" and "ScreenRecording which i want to automate.

Would appreciate help from community as this would be interesting.

Appreciated

Comments

• tanderson
    tanderson Member Posts: 198 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is this for Mac?

• ayoun.khawaja
    ayoun.khawaja Member Posts: 5
    Options

Yes @tanderson This is especially for MAC devices

• tanderson
    Options

@ayoun.khawaja Sorry should have read the title of the post. You can try this:

Enable Accessibility for an App:
    You can grant accessibility permissions to an app using the tccutil command. Replace <bundle_id> with the bundle identifier of the app you want to grant accessibility access to.

sudo tccutil add Accessibility com.example.app

Enable Full Disk Access:
    To grant full disk access to a specific app, you can use the tccutil command. Replace <bundle_id> with the bundle identifier of the app.

sudo tccutil add FullDiskAccess com.example.app

• ayoun.khawaja
    Options

Hi @tanderson

Highly Appreciated your response on this one, Atleast i have a hope that some here can share their experiences.

Command you shared for tccutil i already tried last week before coming to the community.

Again i have tried and get the error of "tccutil: Usage: tccutil reset SERVICE [BUNDLE_ID]"

See attached

Regards

• tanderson
    Options

@ayoun.khawaja Does this work to reset? tccutil reset Accessibility com.example.app

Unfortunately, I no longer have a Mac, so there is no way for me to test on my end.

• ayoun.khawaja
    Options

Hi @tanderson

Currently the main issue is if we use the MAC machine terminal directly, We are able to use this command.

But what i am trying to achieve is running this command via Atera CMD/Terminal

With MAC machine itself, Once we run this command "sudo tccutil add FullDiskAccess com.example.app" terminal asks for a password then adds up the permissions.

How we should be able to deal this within Atera ? anyway to grant atera full right so it wont ask for password ? some alternative ?

Appreciated

Regards

• tanderson
    Options

@ayoun.khawaja You should be able to give full permission to the atera app inside the Mac's security/permission section and then use the command without a password. If that is not working, I would ask Atera support. I wish I could help more, but I don't have any Mac devices to test with.

• ayoun.khawaja
    edited December 2023
    Options

@tanderson Highly Appreciated your response. If this can get escalated somehow would be great. All these actions i have executed but no luck. We really love Atera and wants to ensure all our endpoints are fully controlled via this. Hope someone from community or Atera can help us in this