Need more detailed release notes

Options
dfletcher
dfletcher Member Posts: 25 ✭✭

tldr: Atera needs to let us know when things like URL formats are changed.

So I spent about 2 hours this morning on chat with support after a previous hour of troubleshooting myself when scripts were not running on a couple of newly installed agents. After chasing down a couple of red herrings, the support person was able to get it working. When I asked what the issue was she indicated that the accountID registry key was missing on both of the agents. I'm not sure why I connected these dots, but on further investigation I found that the download URL for agent installation now includes an accountID string which wasn't present before. These agents had been installed using the previous URL without the accountID string.

"So, what's the big deal?" you may ask. Well, we use a URL shortener to share the agent install link with our clients (and for our techs internally). This has been an extremely helpful option to save time and ease communication issues. Because we were not made aware of this change that process was broken and we were getting broken agent installations.

Atera, please remember that your customers are IT companies. UI and functionality updates are all well and good, and bug fixes are a must. Your release notes list these items, but there are technical details that are not published that should be. We need these details to make sure the systems and processes we have built on your product remain dependable for our customers and ourselves.

Tagged:

Comments