Webroot Antivirus

Options
moawada
moawada Member Posts: 4

Hello, when you look into the details of an agent you can see the antivirus installed. But as an exception Webroot does not show their and instead it shows Windows Defender.

I could see Kaspersky, Bitdefender, McAfee, etc… but not Webroot. Any explanation ?

Thanks.

Tagged:

Comments

  • dyoder
    dyoder Member Posts: 52 ✭✭✭
    Options

    Atera pulls that information from the Windows Security Center. If you're using Windows Server, that information won't show because Windows Security Center isn't available on those endpoints.

    If you're using a Windows desktop and not seeing the AV info in Atera, it could be that WMI isn't working properly - if all of the other properties of the endpoint show N/A, then WMI is broken. To fix it, find the script called Fix-WMI in Atera's Shared Script Library and clone it. You'll need to edit the script and remove the ? from the first column of line 1, then save it. Run that script on the endpoint and within a minute or two you should see all the endpoint info populate in Atera.

  • moawada
    moawada Member Posts: 4
    Options

    Thank you Dyoder for you comment. All the endpoints are AzureAD connected and no Windows Server is installed. Atera is seeing the endpoints with Webroot installed as Windows Defender. My question is why Webroot is showing as Windows Defender in Atera.

  • dyoder
    dyoder Member Posts: 52 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

    Hmm. Open Windows Security Center, if you can see Webroot and it appears to be turned on and you can open/run it from the Security Center - then I would open a ticket with Atera to figure out why it isn't being picked up.

    If Webroot is not listed in Windows Security Center or you cannot open/run if from there - then I would open a ticket with Webroot.

  • moawada
    moawada Member Posts: 4
    Options

    Thank you, I will do so .

  • nina
    nina Administrator Posts: 428 admin
    Options
  • moawada
    moawada Member Posts: 4
    Options

    Actually I find a solution by applying the below, but still dont know the origin of the problem and now every time I install Webroot I have to run the below commands:

    winmgmt /resetrepository

    sc stop AteraAgent & sc start AteraAgent

  • dyoder
    dyoder Member Posts: 52 ✭✭✭
    Options

    Yeah, the problem is WMI. Go back to my first post and run the script I described there to fix it.

  • kim
    kim Member Posts: 113 ✭✭✭
    Options

    I'm following because I also don't know how to do this. Thank you @dyoder for your wisdom again. It helps me out quite a bit.