Mass export script output

Options
dynasec
dynasec Member Posts: 2
edited December 2023 in Scripts

Hello,

i´m trying to get all serialnumbers from all monitors that are connected to the atera-agents.

Is it possible to export all script-outputs from all agents at once? Its pretty annoying to click each information icon and do it myself.

Greetings

Tagged:

Comments

• dyoder
    dyoder Member Posts: 52 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hey @dynasec! In short - no. But I've run into this so many times. Most of the time I just deal with not being able to do this, but in one instance I did develop a solution that works well enough.

In my case, I needed to gather all Windows event data from all customers where the event itself had a severity level of 1, 2, or 3. This was so I can compile the data and run my own analysis.

My solution to mass data collection was to have each endpoint upload its own output to an SFTP server. To achieve this, you first need to have a functioning SFTP server (obviously). In your data collection script you can paste in this to get the Posh-SSH module installed:

# Install Posh-SSH module
    If ( !(Get-Module -ListAvailable -Name Posh-SSH) ) {
        Write-Output "Installing Posh-SSH module"
        Install-Module -Name Posh-SSH -Force
    }

Create the following variables to connect to your SFTP host:

# Host
    $SFTPHost = 'sftphost.example.com' 

# Port number
    $SFTPPort = 22

# Username
    $SFTPUser = 'sftp-username'

# Password
    $SFTPPass = ConvertTo-SecureString '<secure-sftp-password-here>' -AsPlainTex

Now have your script do whatever it's going to do and gather the data into a file. You'll upload that file to your SFTP host like this:

# Create a credential object to pass to Posh-SSH
    $SFTPCred = New-Object System.Management.Automation.PSCredential($SFTPUser,$SFTPPass)

# Create the SFTP session
    $SFTPSession = New-SFTPSession -ComputerName $SFTPHost -Credential $SFTPCred -AcceptKey -Port $SFTPPort

# Upload the file
    Set-SFTPItem -SessionId $SFTPSession.SessionId -Path 'path/to/file' -Destination '/remote/dir' -Force

# Close the SFTP session after uploading the file
    Remove-SFTPSession -SessionId $SFTPSession.SessionId

Where 'path/to/file' is the path to the file you'll upload, and '/remote/dir' is the directory on the SFTP server to upload to; if you'll upload the file to the root of the SFTP host, use the following instead: -Destination . -Force

Now you'll just need to download all the results to your local computer, and tabulate/analyze the data however you need to. This works for me and it is pretty effective. The only drawback is that since this functionality isn't natively supported by Atera, if you have endpoints running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 you'll have issues.

• kim
    kim Member Posts: 113 ✭✭✭
    Options

@dyoder this is amazing! I’ve been trying to find a better way to do this for quite some time! I don’t have the Windows 7 issue with the clients so this looks promising for my environment. Thank you for sharing!!!

• dynasec
    dynasec Member Posts: 2
    Options

Hi dyoder,

thats an fantastic idea, i will try it :)

Thank you very much for this.

Greetings

• nina
    nina Administrator Posts: 428 admin
    Options