Retired Device Tagging

Options

Is it possible to have a visual representation of devices that are retired?
I know the advanced filtering allows you to include or exclude devices based on last seen, and reports can exclude retired devices, but it would be nice to have some kind of tag or something visually as a quick reference when looking at all devices.

Comments

• Sarah_from_Atera
    Sarah_from_Atera Administrator Posts: 84 admin
    Options

Hi @clittrell , Sarah from Atera here.

You can try adding a custom field, and see if that is what you're looking for.

• clittrell
    clittrell Member Posts: 3
    Options

Thank you.

While this is helpful for filtering and saved views, this does not quite do what I was looking for.

It is often necessary for us to need to view the full list of devices, in these instances - or when new technicians login, it would be nice to have some very quick visual representation of Retired vs Active or Offline devices.

Alternatively, being able to set a custom view as the global default would be good. Then filters could be applied and the view would be consistent. Unfortunately, the custom fields are not available to add to displayed columns when viewing the list of devices, which I would be happy using that column in place of a tag or some other representation if we could set a global default view.

• iectechbrian
    iectechbrian Member Posts: 48 ✭✭✭
    Options

I'm not sure if this would help, but in the mean time, could it be a training thing that any devices that have a "Last reboot" of over X time (6 months, 1 yeat, etc.) should be treated as retired?

It definitely won't be a for-sure thing, especially for any devices that are newly retired, but perhaps something to get you by.

• clittrell
    clittrell Member Posts: 3
    Options

Yeah, we've created a "Retired Devices" and "Active Devices" view to help with this, but you're absolutely correct, it's not 100%.

Hardly a deal killer, but would be a nice feature for quick ID.

• iectechbrian
    iectechbrian Member Posts: 48 ✭✭✭
    Options

I am glad that you found at least a for-now solution. Thank you for sharing!