AnyDesk update - March 13th

Options
adip
adip Administrator Posts: 56 admin

Dear Community members,

We're happy to let you know that we've received an updated version of the custom client from AnyDesk, and we'll be rolling it out to your managed devices in the coming days.

Once the agents have been upgraded, we will enable AnyDesk through the Atera platform, providing you with a safer and more secure remote access experience.

We understand the significance of this update, and want to ensure the utmost security for our customers and valued community members.

In the next few days, we'll be sending out a detailed email with more information and instructions. We'll also be posting updates here, so keep an eye out for those too!

We truly appreciate your patience and understanding during this process as we continue to prioritize your security and satisfaction.

Thank you for your cooperation, and for being a part of our community!

Tagged:

Comments

• tanderson
    tanderson Member Posts: 198 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@adip I recieved this email from Atera:

I do not currently use or have ever used Anydesk and I do not want atera to install it on all my endpoints automatically. Please confirm this will not happen to clients that don't use it.

Dear Taylor,

We wanted to provide you with a quick update regarding the AnyDesk incident from February. We have received an updated version of the custom client from AnyDesk and will be deploying it to your managed devices in the coming days. Once the agents have been upgraded, we will enable AnyDesk through the Atera platform. A detailed email with further information will follow at the beginning of next week.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work towards a safer and more secure remote access experience with AnyDesk.

Sincerely, 

Team Atera

• mjones
    mjones Member Posts: 137 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks @adip, appreciate the update.

• Sarah_from_Atera
    Sarah_from_Atera Administrator Posts: 88 admin
    Options

Hey @tanderson , Sarah from Atera here.

Please note that as long as Anydesk is not the default remote connection in the settings it won’t be installed automatically. When trying to connect to an agent with Anydesk, it will be installed on that agent.

You can also choose to disable Anydesk in settings, and it will be removed from all agents if it exists.