Tickets via Email

Options
Mackey_Info_Tech
Mackey_Info_Tech Member Posts: 7

Here is my scenario. I have multiple clients who send in requests. Currently, an end user at a client sends an email to our helpdesk email This then is auto forwarded to our Atera and it creates a ticket for their request. It then sends a reply to the end user with their ticket number and a summary of their ticket. All perfect. Here is the snag. We address a lot of tickets via email and not the portal. If we go into our helpdesk email, the original email from the end user is there and we can reply, however, we have to locate the ticket number and insert into the subject in order to work on the same ticket, otherwise when the end user replies, it creates a new ticket. So then I thought, well in the automation rules when a new ticket is created, it not only sends the end user the ticket response and number, I can just tell the automation to also send an email to my main email address. It does send me the same response that it sends the end user, the ticket information and number, however, if I respond, it sends it back to the ticket, but it never forwards my response to the end user. If I manually CC the end user in my response, the ticket gets updated and they get my reply.

What would be a perfect thing would be that when a ticket is created, I also get an email with their ticket number in the subject but also the end user email address. If there was a CC field in the ticket template for the original email, unless I am missing it, that would solve the issue. Anyone else doing what I am? Does this even make sense? 🤕

Comments

• Sarah_from_Atera
    Sarah_from_Atera Administrator Posts: 91 admin
    Options

Hey @Mackey_Info_Tech , Sarah from Atera here.

It sounds like this is something you can fix in Email Templates and Ticket Automation Rules. You can find out how to open both of those here.

You will need to include the Ticket Number snippet in the subject of the email template to make sure that any replies will go back into the ticket without creating a new one. You can look at some examples of when to send an email template in ticket automation rules in this KB article.

If you have further questions, feel free to reach out to success@atera.com!

• Mackey_Info_Tech
    Mackey_Info_Tech Member Posts: 7
    Options

So I tried everything I could think of. I get the emails with the ticket numbers in my email, when I respond, the ticket gets updated, however the end user does not get a reponse because it is only replying to my helpdesk email that is forwarded to Atera to update the ticket. It is like when an existing ticket is updated via email, it does not send the contact an update email. In the ticket portal itself, when you enter a response, it drafts it to the contact. In the automation, I don't see an option to send the contact an email when the ticket is updated or a comment added, only when status changes occur or a new ticket is created. It would be helpful if this was an option in the automation. I have read throught the articles referenced above and even and created the Techician Response, but again, it does not address the issue as it only works when the Ticket Contact responds. As stated above, if I reply to all, the copy of the Ticket Creation email I recieve in my inbox, that the contact also receives, again, it does update the ticket in Atera, however the contact does not get a response unless I manually add them to the TO or CC field, and then they recieve my response and it updates the ticket. I see no other way to accomplish this, unless I am missing something entirely.

New rule, no option for updates.

Existing rule shows no condition that would enable a trigger for update or comment by anyone other than contact. Activity Status is only awaiting customer, awaitong technician, read or unread and Status is only Open, Closed, Pending or Resolved

• Sarah_from_Atera
    Sarah_from_Atera Administrator Posts: 91 admin
    Options

Hey @Mackey_Info_Tech , I am going to have your Customer Success Manager reach out to assist you further :)