What do you think of the new Admin panel?

Options
frank.pietersma
frank.pietersma Member Posts: 78 ✭✭✭

I like most of the newly designed windows and overview screens like the new device view.
The new admin panel is different. I really don't like it.
It remains me of the old fashioned firewall gui's from the nineties. way back.
It's not intuitive, more difficult to find stuff and It doesn't look new and fresh and way less streamlined as the old admin panel
I tried but can not get used to it.

Comments

• tanderson
    tanderson Member Posts: 198 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@frank.pietersma Agree! I find myself fumbling through the options, looking for what I need.

• mbudke
    mbudke Member Posts: 85 ✭✭✭
    Options

What do you mean by the new admin panel? Do you mean the menu on the left side or what exactly?
    As I started using Atera I had the chance to switch between old/ new UI (different menu 😁 )

I did use the "new UI" all the time and I am quite happy with the current design.
    What I explicity like is the speed of the website. Compared to other cloud products it is (mostly) very quick.

Maybe the difference is that you were used to the old one and I never used it before 😉

• mjones
    mjones Member Posts: 137 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

"I tried but can not get used to it."
    You aren't going to have a choice in 2 weeks…

I personally don't care for all of the nested menus, and I had finally built a muscle memory for clicking where I needed to on the "old" menu.

• tanderson
    Options

@MJones What's in two weeks?

• mbudke
    Options

Oh.. the new admin page is enabled for me now as well..

Now I see your pain and join you in saying that I prefer the old admin menu

• cjeffers
    cjeffers Member Posts: 28 ✭✭✭
    edited January 18
    Options

I was hesitant to jump in and say "I dislike it" because I have been using Atera for so long. However, after adjusting to the new panel it is not as bad as I think it was initially. I had so much muscle memory for all the menus, but its only taken a couple days of moving around to start getting comfortable.

• AlexYoungNSM
    AlexYoungNSM Member Posts: 9
    Options

I dislike it, it doesnt match the rest of the console now and looks out of place and i really really HATE the refer a friend, who am i going to a refer honestly? another IT Company?

• Ross_ClearTecIT
    Ross_ClearTecIT Member Posts: 1
    Options

Not a fan of it personally, seems like unnecessary extra clicks.

• Sarah_from_Atera
    Sarah_from_Atera Administrator Posts: 88 admin
    Options

Hi everyone, Sarah from Atera here!

Thank you all for your input on the new Admin page. This is important feedback that I have passed along to our product team.

The good thing about the new Admin panel is that you can search for everything you need in the search bar at the top! It makes everything very quick, and you will get used to the new UI.

• tanderson
    Options

@Sarah_from_Atera I did not know that! Thanks for the tip.

• mbudke
    Options

The good thing about the new Admin panel is that you can search for everything you need in the search bar at the top!

Hehe, I am not sure if it is a good marketing to require a search to find what you need 😁

Tbh it would be cool to have such search for the whole UI and not just the adminpanel. E.g. if I enter "PC001" it would show me all devices, tickets etc with that value in it.

• tanderson
    Options

@Matthias It does do a pretty good job with that in the "master search" on the main dashboard just turn on all your filters with the drop-down arrow:

• mbudke
    Options

oh nice! I never recognized the search before! Thanks for the hint!

• tanderson
    Options

@Matthias I know I constantly stumble across things that I am like how did I not notice this and then question how long it has been there. For example this very crucial feature that should not be hidden behind so many menu options:

Go to the device and then manage and then user activity.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options

Here is my observations on the subject - the word "Admin" is ambiguous I would prefer "Settings" with a cog icon like every other UI in the world uses!! And then when you get to the sub-menu please add some icons so that it is keeping with the rest of the UI.

The naming of the menu's could be improved:

"Customer Service" is a terrible name - "Branding & Customisation" would be a better description

"Business Administration" would be better called "Accounting" as all those settings are related to accounting/contracts taxes etc.

The "My Account" sub menu is a total mess - "Account Settings" has another sub menu with random settings left in there. "My profile" should not be in there at all as it is already there when you click your picture in the top right and this is the common location in most UI's - so no need to clutter the menu up with that again.

I think you get the Idea.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

@Sarah_from_Atera / Anyone from Atera, care to comment on my suggestions above ?

I sometimes wonder what the point of engaging in this forum is when there is almost zero interaction from the Atera team, bar the odd post from Sarah and very rarely yasmin from Atera.

• Sarah_from_Atera
    Sarah_from_Atera Administrator Posts: 88 admin
    Options

Hey @nathan , Sarah from Atera here.

Thanks for your feedback on the new Admin menu.

I have passed all of this along to our Product team so they are aware of your suggestions.

We hope you continue to engage in the forum, most importantly to get feedback and tips from other account holders of Atera.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

"I have passed all of this along to our Product team so they are aware of your suggestions." - That is my point though, I would like to hear something back from them in response please, for example like why "Account Settings" has another sub menu with random settings left in there ?

"We hope you continue to engage in the forum, most importantly to get feedback and tips from other account holders of Atera." - that is not why I joined the forum! I would like to hear from representatives of the whole Atera team, sadly this is just another marketing tool with minimal input from the product team.

• royba.atera+prod
    royba.atera+prod Member Posts: 1
    Options

Hey @nathan

Thanks you very much for your feedback, My name is Roy and i'm the product manager responsible for administration area.

- I agree in regards for the word Admin.

- I agree in regards to adding icons to sub-menus (we actually have it in our pipeline already)

- Customer service is not a good name, i also noticed it, not sure about your suggesting as well, but we will think about it some more, maybe it should just be a part of ticketing area.

- I also agree in regards to Business Administration - it should be Accounting

- Also account setting is better then my account

- My profile shouldnt be there its a duplicate

To summarise, Im taking this with our Technical Writing expert, and we will make some changes there.

I really appreciate your feedback, if you have some more you are more then welcome to setup a meeting with me to discuss it here: https://atera.chilipiper.com/book/me/roy-banon

Thanks,

Roy

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Hi @royba.atera+prod, you just made my day ! Thank you ever so much for taking the time to reply back, with your thoughts, it is very much appreciated.