Script to uninstall iDrive software

Options
art
art Member Posts: 2

I use iDrive for some clients to back up their data. I'm going to end this service and need to uninstall the iDrive software. Does anyone know how to do this via command line/scripting? iDrive says it's not possible and has to be done by Add/Remove in Control Panel.

Thanks.

—Art

Tagged:

Comments

• andriy.asselberg
    andriy.asselberg Member Posts: 29 ✭✭✭
    Options

@art

This may not be a resolution, but I'm offering this up as a "starting point" for you/someone in the community that has a better understanding, but it looks like iDrive does not actually install as a "package". For instance, using the following command in PS:

Get-ItemProperty HKLM:\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall* | Select-Object DisplayName,Publisher,Version,InstallDate | Sort-Object -Property InstallDate -Descending | Out-String

Shows the software as installed, but if you try to use any of the "command line" uninstall methods/try to generate a script using the AI script generator, it states the "package does not exist" even if you name it specifically by version.

My suspicion is that this is due to the software installing via "exe" not an "msi" package.

• art
    art Member Posts: 2
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion. I did find that when I run a software report for a device, there is an Uninstall option next to the iDrive app. I tested that and it appears to uninstall the software.