noreply@atera.com and custom SMTP settings

Options
dfletcher
dfletcher Member Posts: 25 ✭✭

We are using SMTP2GO for our email and it works great in most instances. The one problem is with IT Automation Task Feedback emails.

They are being routed through our custom SMTP settings, but the reply address is noreply@atera.com instead of something at our domain. We soon will not be able to receive these messages with this configuration as SMTP2GO will require that we verify all of our sender addresses, which we cannot do with noreply@atera.com.

We need to either be able to modify the From: address to something at our domain or ask Atera to send these notifications directly and not through our custom SMTP settings.

Anyone here using SMTP2GO is likely to face the same problem.

Comments

• Sarah_from_Atera
    Sarah_from_Atera Administrator Posts: 91 admin
    Options

Hey @dfletcher , Sarah from Atera here.

All emails from it automation will come as noreply@atera.com. The SMTP settings done in Admin>Email settings does not have any effect on emails from IT Automation. This is by design.

In case you stop receiving emails from noreply@atera.com, please check with SMTP2GO about it.

• dfletcher
    dfletcher Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
    Options

@Sarah_from_Atera This is only partly true:

"The SMTP settings done in Admin>Email settings does not have any effect on emails from IT Automation."

All emails from IT Automation to us are being routed through SMTP2GO. These emails should not be routed this way, but instead should be routed based on our published MX settings. Only emails from our domain should be routed via settings in Admin>Email.

Email not from our domain should be routed based on published MX records. This is true whether we use SMTP2GO or if we setup our own SMTP server for this purpose. I'm very disappointed that you would point me to another vendor to work around a problem that you are creating by choosing to route email improperly.

• Sarah_from_Atera
    Sarah_from_Atera Administrator Posts: 91 admin
    Options

Hi @dfletcher, I can see that you have an open support ticket with us about this issue.

Please follow up there!