Quickbooks Desktop

jharrell
jharrell Member Posts: 3

Is there anyone here who is using QuickBooks Desktop and the .iif export/Import Process? I am hoping to go live with Atera on 1 September and am having significant issue with contracts/billing/Quickbooks.

Comments

• Russ
    Russ Member Posts: 29

I wish I could help you @jharrell , but I'm not using that.

If you don't get a quick response here from your post, I'd suggest reaching out to Support chat. You can get a hold of someone immediately and they are always very helpful. Good luck and it would be great to hear the outcome in your posting here.

• gilgi
    gilgi Administrator, Moderator, Internal Posts: 248 admin

Hey, I've pinged with some of my team members to check who is best to help.
    Could you detail what seems to be the problem?

• jharrell

For those who are interested, while the QB export to .iif file can be made to work, it requires editing the .iif and/or adjusting QB account files.

For us, the easiest fix is to migrate to QB online where there is an Atera direct integration which resolves the manual editing and appears to work very well.

• heimir
    heimir Member Posts: 29

The more we use Atera the more we regret signing up.

What needs to be changed in the .iif file for it to work?

Why is this an issue that Atera has not fixed.

• jharrell

First let me say, our experience with Atera has been overwhelmingly positive.

I am not a QB expert, though it seems to me that the .iif file has references to accounts in QuickBooks which must match in order for the import to be successful - hence the editing.

This only applies to the Desktop version of QB as the online version has a direct integration which allows the detailed mapping of accounts, products, and services.

The online integration is similar in process to what we had to do with Autotask - our present PSA with whom we are terminating.