Private Software Repository (Superpower Plan)

Options
andriy.asselberg
andriy.asselberg Member Posts: 29 ✭✭✭

I am currently looking into upgrading us to the Superpower plan so we can utilize it in our environment. Is this option really as good as it sounds? Wanted to hear from the members of the community instead of just going for the "sales pitch".

Comments

• tanderson
    tanderson Member Posts: 198 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@andriy.asselberg I have not used it, and I don't know if they have changed it, but when I was shown a demo, it was not their own private software repository built into Atera. It just allows you to use two or three other vendors that I believe you had to pay for (it's been a few months so I may be mistaken about having to pay) and then connect to Atera. Again, I'm not sure if it changed at all.

• tanderson
    Options

@andriy.asselberg Not sure if it is any different than this page https://app2.atera.com/new/admin/software-management Let me know if that doesn't work for you, but I can see that and I am not on superpower.

• tanderson
    Options

https://support.atera.com/hc/en-us/articles/8883471350556

• andriy.asselberg
    Options

@tanderson Thank you so much. I will look into it using the source you provided.

• cjeffers
    cjeffers Member Posts: 28 ✭✭✭
    Options

@andriy.asselberg I would also take a look at the software you are looking to add to the repository and see if there is a command line installer. For our customers I have created scripts to install/uninstall different software applications that were not available via chocolatey or homebrew. For any customers that have software that requires the msi or exe installer, we typically put it on the network somewhere (NAS, DC File Share, etc.) so that we can write a script to run the installer to devices on the network.

• wst
    wst Member Posts: 4
    Options

I have setted up my own nuget repository for integration in Atera on a windows vm with ProGet Free Edition. I was able to provide some sample applications with it. A little bit of trial and error was necessary, but afterwards it worked for me.

• anton
    anton Member Posts: 8
    Options

I tested it using AzureDev Artifacts and NuGet described here:

https://support.atera.com/hc/en-us/articles/8883471350556

I've had various results, some work smoothly, but I've had two not working at all. Havent taken the time to troubleshoot it further tho..

If I just want to install an application without extra config-files or such, I find it very easy to use the function "Upload script" and just point out an .msi or exe-file directly with parameters instead. No need to create a bat or ps-script and have it link to a share or open directory. Just upload the .msi or .exe. Works most of the time!

This was something I didnt know to begin with so I thought i'd share this^

• andriy.asselberg
    Options

Thank you all for your insight. Obviously I'm still learning after being thrown into my current role head first and trying to keep my head above water has been a tremendous effort.

• frank.pietersma
    frank.pietersma Member Posts: 78 ✭✭✭
    Options

The super power plan is definitely not worth the money.
    The private repository has been promised many times and was going to be available in 2 weeks according to a reddit post of Nina (from 4 months back)

• adip
    adip Administrator Posts: 56 admin
    Options

Hey @andriy.asselberg

@tanderson

have you had a chance to see our latest release notes about this? :)

https://support.atera.com/hc/en-us/articles/8883471350556-Private-software-repository

• iectechbrian
    iectechbrian Member Posts: 50 ✭✭✭
    edited March 19
    Options

I am on the Expert plan, and this is what it shows me. (I use Atera as an internal IT department, but it looks like the Enterprise is roughly equivalent to the Super Power plan.)

• tanderson
    Options

@iectechbrian I don't think the feature set is worth the price increase. The only thing of value is maybe the HIPPA compliance stuff.

We had an account rep reach out last month for a meeting, so it doesn't seem like a dedicated account rep is exclusive to that plan now. We are not on the Super Power plan. We are on the plan below.

Maybe they mean the account rep will be responsive. After our meeting, she had a lot of follow-up stuff to complete, and she hasn't spoken to us since. That's not a great look on Ateras part.

Don't get me wrong—I love Atera and the community, but it is starting to feel like they don't care about their clients and are more focused on flying their CEO around the world to events to talk about AI features that are basically useless at the moment.

I hope I'm wrong, but my feelings of excitement about development and community engagement are starting to go away, and my feelings of worry about the future of Atera and the way they communicate with their clients are becoming worse.

@frank.pietersma