MDM Coming Soon?

Options
tanderson
tanderson Member Posts: 198 ✭✭✭✭

@nina Can you please shed some light on if and when Mobile Device Management is coming? I have clients that are starting to want/need it, and I do not want to on-board with a separate vendor if Atera is about to release it.

Tagged:

Comments

• Sarah_from_Atera
    Sarah_from_Atera Administrator Posts: 88 admin
    Options

Hi @tanderson , Sarah from Atera here.

We will be able to share updates about this in the coming weeks, so hold on tight!

• manny
    manny Member Posts: 2
    Options

Commenting here so I can be notified of any follow ups.

• jim
    jim Member Posts: 7
    Options

Following. I'm using manage engine right now, but it would be nice to consolidate systems.

• tanderson
    Options

@Sarah_from_Atera Any good news? 😁

• Sarah_from_Atera
    Options

Hi everyone! Thank you for your continued interest in this area of the product!

We know how eagerly you’ve been waiting for our MDM solution, and it's on our roadmap! We continuously strive to balance your requests with our development resources and prioritize cutting-edge capabilities for our clients.

We don't want to commit to a specific release date without being 100% certain we'll be able to deliver, but rest assured that it's on our roadmap!

• tanderson
    Options

@Sarah_from_Atera Are there any updates on this? I need to move forward with a solution, and I do not want to wait on Atera any longer if the "updates in the coming weeks" don't actually mean any updates from Atera. Two months later, there is still no news. It is becoming very aggravating that Atera doesn't want to share what they are actively working on.

• Sarah_from_Atera
    Options

Hey @tanderson , Sarah from Atera here.

This item is still in our roadmap, so don't worry - we haven't forgotten!

I am also going to have your Customer Success Manager reach out to you to discuss this further :)

• rob.williams
    rob.williams Member Posts: 15
    Options

The roadmap is of no use to us, because we don't know what's on it and to what time scales - MDM has been 'on the roadmap' for a long time now with no solid updates.
    I'm not sure why you can't simply publish a list of features actively being developed and then a list of "in the future".

• Sarah_from_Atera
    Options

Hi everyone,

Thanks again for your interest in MDM. We assure you, we know how important it is for you, however we still can't confirm a final release date.

As stated here before, any relevant updates from our product and R&D teams will be shared here first. The same goes for a product roadmap that includes a list of features in development.

Your understanding is appreciated.

• tanderson
    Options

@Sarah_from_Atera Do you have any updates on this? It has been four months since this post was opened, and nothing. It has also been planned for almost a year and has been on the feature board multiple times for three years. It honestly feels like Atera is more focused on going to conventions and implementing AI that is useless at this time than anything else. The OID generator literally comes up with crap most of the time that doesn't work.

• sarah+success
    sarah+success Administrator Posts: 70 admin
    Options

Hi everyone, Sarah from Atera here!

Please check this post regarding MDM integrations - we want to keep you in the loop!

As always, thanks for giving your input and being patient with us as we develop the best platform for you!

• tanderson
    Options

@sarah+success I am happy to see some movement on this, but I don't understand Atera's thought process here. How does a feature request for MDM and Atera saying they are working on it become an integration with a third-party vendor? I am glad there will be a solution but disappointed that it is not a feature built into Atera natively. Assuming this is like all the other integrations in the App Center, will this be a paid service on top of the Atera subscription instead of being part of the unlimited devices licensing included in our Atera license?

• adip
    adip Administrator Posts: 56 admin
    edited April 9
    Options

Hey Taylor!

We assure you that all necessary information will be shared in due time.

Rest assured that both paths, whether it be developing in-house or integrating with a third party, were thoroughly examined, and the best route has been chosen.

Any updates regarding relevant information will be communicated here in the community once confirmed.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

• jkritta
    jkritta Member Posts: 1
    Options

Any updates would be appreciated. I have customers needing this option ASAP as well and could use some direction.

• tanderson
    Options

@jkritta MDM is supposed to be here at the end of the year. However, timelines with Atera are not very clear, even when told they are coming soon. It will be an integration with a third-party MDM solution, and because of that, I assume it will be like the other apps in the app center, where you will pay to be able to add the MDM to your Atera bill but work out of that product portal to do things.

I may be wrong about what I said above, but Atera doesn't like to share what they are working on for fear of upsetting people if they don't meet the deadlines. Their words, not mine. Personally, I think this is the worst part of Atera, and I do love the product, but any RMM/PSA shouldn't take their client's money and not share what they are developing, in my opinion. Your clients should hold you accountable and be in the loop about what is happening. Maybe the upcoming Roadmap they are working on will make this better. We will see, I suppose.

When the time comes, compare the pricing from Atera to the vendor directly. We use Acronis and Zomentum, which are both cheaper outside of Atera. I can only assume this is true for the other products as well. We get Acronis through Pax8, and Zomentum has frequent deals where you can get their product for life with a one-time purchase cheaper than the monthly rate through Atera.

If you need something right away, I suggest looking at Hexnode. Their software is robust, and the pricing is very competitive. After being told "coming soon" many times and waiting months with no direction from Atera, we were forced to find a solution outside of Atera. We had clients that needed it, and I couldn't keep being strung along by Atera.